Since January 2019, a new partnership with the Department of Ille Et Vilaine has made it possible to recruit a fabmanager animator.
This project aims to integrate digital manufacturing in several middle schools in Ille Et Vilaine. In order to interest young people in digital technology, it is important to offer them meaningful projects!
This pilot and experimental project focuses on raising disability awareness and digital learning. It is the occasion to explore different formats of educational interventions, such as:
- Awareness workshops through sensory activities
- Co-animation in technology courses
- Awareness-raising presentations
- Partnerships with IME and IEM educational structures
- A Humanlab club in a middle school….
Projects are emerging or taking shape, nothing is defined but everything is possible!
Lucie LE GUEN, a digital artist from Rennes’ École des Beaux-Arts, was recently recruited for this position. A big welcome to you, Lucie!
Lucie graduated with a BTS in audiovisual studies (lighting) and joined the EESAB at the age of 20. There, she became an artist/geek/maker and a Labfab usual. She graduated 6 years later by linking craftsmanship and digital technology altogether (switches, tactile mirrors).
Lucie’s weekly interventions take place in three different middle schools:
- Bellevue middle school, in cooperation with La Clarté, an SMI, in Redon. There, 4th grade students are making technical aids at the “Humanlab Club”. Moreover, collaborative and accessible video games are available during recess. Thanks to Makey Makey, you just need to move in order to play. Motor skills are no longer preventing anyone from playing!
- Les Chalais middle school, in cooperation with an IME and the AMISEP, in Rennes. There, Lucie animates a workshop exploring sensoriality with the help of 2 autistic students and 6 5th graders. Each one is creating 2 paintings using interactive and conductive paint. The first one produces a soothing sound and the other makes the heart beat!
- Hautes Ourmes middle school in Rennes. Lucie Co-animates a technology course with 5th and 3rd grade students on projects such as the bionic hand (Aka Open Bionics) or the wooden motorized wheelchair (Open Wood Chair).
All these materials will be available on the Humanlab wiki in the workshop section.